Delta Lodge No. 634 G.R.C.

 

Founded 1925       Installation is in October       Official Visit is in May

 

Meeting on 2nd Tuesday of the Month (except July and August) at 7:30 PM

 at the Aurora Masonic Hall

 57 Mosely St, Aurora

 

                   Officers for 2013/2014
Worshipful Master W. Bro. K. R.
Immediate Past Master W. Bro. Sheldon Smith
Senior Warden Bro. David Fielding
Junior Warden Bro. Silviu Apostolide
Chaplain W. Bro. Pat Gaffney
Treasurer W. Bro. Larry Zigras
Secretary R.W. Bro. Kevin Linegar
Senior Deacon Bro. J.Z.
Junior Deacon Bro. Wayne Quinlan
Director of Ceremonies W. Bro. John Saradaris
Inner Guard Bro. M. Z.
Senior Steward Bro. A.Z.
Junior Steward Bro. Dan Staios
Tyler W. Bro. John Zigras
Historian

delta lodge no. 634 logoHistory of Delta Lodge No. 634 G.R.C.     W. S. Campbell 1926 Past Master

The name “Delta” was selected particularly for its combined Masonic and Electrical significance. It is Masonic because the Delta triangle is used in a part of a Masonic ritual, it is electrical because the word “Delta” means “equalizing”, and is a term used prominently in the Electrical Industry. Also, it is the fourth letter of the Greek alphabet, is triangular in shape, and has been used in various languages as far back as 1500 B.C. The name “Delta”, when applied to a Masonic Lodge means Equality, Co-operation and Stability.The founding brothers of Delta Lodge were very much a part of the electrical industry of the 1920’s, one of the newer manufacturing sectors that had started to develop at that time in Canadian history. A group of brethren from various Lodges in the City of Toronto held a meeting to form a Lodge whose members were associated with this industry. The response was outstanding. Eighty-nine individuals placed their names on the petition that was presented to The Grand Master.

In 1925 a Dispensation authorizing the Brethren to meet as Delta Lodge was issued, and on December 8th, 1925, the Ceremony Instituting Delta Lodge was performed at York Masonic Hall, 2253 Yonge Street. Right Worshipful Brother Ernest W. Barber D.D.G.M. of Toronto District “C” officiated. Worshipful Brother William S. Campbell became the first member of the new Delta Lodge to take his place in the Chair of King Solomon.

In May 1926 Delta Lodge moved to the newly built York Masonic Temple at 5 Eglinton Ave. East. On October12th, 1926 a ceremony Constituting and Consecrating Delta Lodge #634 was most impressively conducted by the D.D.G.M. for that year, M.W. Bro. John A. Rowland. He was assisted by a large number of Grand Lodge Officers and other Past Masters. Almost all of the 89 Charter Members were present. By this date the membership had grown to 129 brethren.

As the needs of the Lodge changed over time, the lodge moved to other quarters. In September 1974 Delta Lodge moved to Scarborough Masonic Hall. It moved to the Aurora Masonic Hall on the 11th of September 1986 and since that time the Lodge meets there in the evening of every 2nd Tuesday of the month, September through June