Lodge of Fellowship No. 702 G.R.C.

 

Founded 1960         Installation is in October         Official Visit is in February

 

Meeting on 4th Tuesday of the Month (except June,July, August & December) at 7:30 PM

at the Richmond Hill Masonic Hall

112 Crosby Avenue, Richmond Hill

Contact: secretaryfellowship702@yahoo.com

                Officers for 2018-2019
Worshipful Master W. Bro. Rabih Awad
Immediate Past Master W. Bro. Sharam Sardar Amiri
Senior Warden Bro. Ramin Nikpour
Junior Warden Bro. Fraser Heron
Chaplain V.W. Bro. Dana T. Thomas
Treasurer W. Bro. Christopher Thomas
Secretary R.W. Bro. Ross T. Guerrero
Senior Deacon Bro. D. Christopher Gillette
Junior Deacon Bro. Vlad Ionescu
Director of Ceremonies W. Bro. James Reilly
Inner Guard Bro. David Cooper
Senior Steward Bro. William Mavor
Junior Steward Bro. Rolando Cleofas
Tyler W. Bro. Eleno Paz
Assistant Secretary V.W. Bro. Dean Bayne
Historian W. Bro. Sandor Cselenyi

 

Lodge of Fellowship logo

The History of
The Lodge of Fellowship
No. 702 G.R.C.

Lodge of Fellowship logo

The Village of Richmond Hill had it’s beginnings with the early colonization and settlement of Upper Canada, when it became a stage-coach stop on Yonge Street, linking the Town of York (now Toronto) to the community of Holland Landing on Lake Simcoe.

Masonry was brought to this Province early in the nineteenth Century by units of the British Army. In due course new Lodges were formed and chartered by the Grand Lodges in the United Kingdom. Richmond Lodge, No. 23 GRC was established in 1824. Thus the area of Richmond Hill and the Townships of Markham and Vaughan have been served by a Masonic Lodge for 185 years.

By the1950’s the pressures of urbanization and development had come to Richmond Hill, boosting its population to about 15,000 people. It was not long before the members of Richmond Lodge decided to seek the formation of a new lodge. A meeting of Masons was held in November of 1959 with 22 members attending. Richmond Lodge No. 23 was authorized to appoint a committee to ascertain the extent of interest in forming this proposed new lodge.

On December 2, 1959 sixteen brethren signed a petition to form a new lodge. From this group, a list of Officers was named, with W. Bro. Peter G. Savage being designated as the first Worshipful Master.

The Petition was approved and Dispensation was granted on February 15, 1960 by M. W. Bro. C. M. Pitts, Grand Master. The Lodge was Instituted at their first meeting on March 8, 1960, with R. W. Bro. Harry T. Blumsom, D.D.G.M. of Toronto District ”C” in the Chair. The new lodge was to be known as “The Lodge Of Fellowship”.

The Lodge received the number “702” in the registry of Grand Lodge in July, 1960. On September 23, 1960 it was Consecrated. The Lodge of Fellowship has met at the Richmond Masonic Hall, 112 Crosby Avenue since its Institution. Regular meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month.

This information is from the publication
“The First Twenty-five Years, The Lodge of Fellowship A.F. & A.M. No. 702”