Simcoe Lodge No. 79 G.R.C.
- Founded 1857
- Installation is in December
- Official Visit is in April
- Meeting on 2nd Monday of the Month at 7:30 PM (except June, July, & August)
- Address: Barrie St. at Holland St., Bradford, Ontario (see map below)
- CARROT FEST – BRADFORD – August 18th, 2017 – 4pm to 10pm.
- 160th Anniversary Meeting – 3rd Degree – September 11th, 2017 – 19:30pm.
- Open House Anniversary Event – September 16th, 2017 – 10am to 4pm.
- Simcoe Lodge History & Masonic contribution to Bradford Community – September 16th, 2017 – 1pm.
|Officers for 2016-2017|
|Worshipful Master||W. Bro. Marcos Poles|
|Immediate Past Master||W. Bro. Dennis Brohm|
|Senior Warden||Bro. Ryan Gray|
|Junior Warden||W. Bro. Ben Hicks|
|Chaplain||V. W. Bro. David Strudwick|
|Treasurer||Bro. Aaron Hughes|
|Secretary||Bro. Jamie Jones|
|Asst. Secretary||Bro. Chris Cailes|
|Senior Deacon||Bro. Mario Trevellin|
|Junior Deacon||Bro. Val. Baravi|
|Director of Ceremonies||W. Bro. John Morrow|
|Inner Guard||W. Bro. Sam Lee|
|Senior Steward||Bro. James Rutherford|
|Junior Steward||Bro. Dana Foy|
|Tyler||W. Bro. Sam Neilly|
|Historian||R.W. Bro. John Fennell|
|Organist||Bro. David Boyd|
No. 79 G.R.C.
Simcoe Lodge No. 79 G.R.C. celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2007, having been instituted on September 10, 1857. At that time Worshipful Brother J.W.H. Wilson became the first Lodge Master. This Lodge owns and meets in the Bradford Masonic Hall, and perhaps one of the most unusual displays to be found in any Masonic hall is located here. Pictured here, it takes a place of honour on the “North – East” angle of the Bradford Masonic Hall.
This display came about as the result of a fire that took place in the lodge. That fire resulted in the loss of all the lodge furniture, the lodge records, and lodge regalia. The remains of the original charter was the only item salvageable. On display is the charred piece of paper shown above, that was once the Warrant of Constitution of Simcoe Lodge. If you examine it carefully, you can see places where the printing was once located, even though the remains are not particularly readable.
Displayed next to this artifact is the replacement charter that was issued by Grand Lodge.
The Bradford Masonic Hall