Simcoe Lodge No. 79 G.R.C.
- Founded 1857
- Installation is in December
- Official Visit is in April
- Meeting on 2nd Monday of the Month at 7:30 PM (except June, July, & August)
- Address: Barrie St. at Holland St., Bradford, Ontario (see map below)
- Regular Meeting – “1st Degree” – February 12th, 2018 – 7:30 pm.
- Recognition of 160th Anniversary from Bradford Mayor, City Councillors, MP Peter Van Loan, MPP Julia Munro. Full article at Bradford Times Newspaper – 160th Anniversary Event Article.
|Officers for 2017-2018|
|Worshipful Master||W. Bro. Ryan Gray|
|Immediate Past Master||W. Bro. Marcos Poles|
|Senior Warden||W. Bro. Ben Hicks|
|Junior Warden||Bro. James Rutherford|
|Chaplain||V. W. Bro. David Strudwick|
|Treasurer||Bro. Aaron Hughes|
|Secretary||Bro. James Jones|
|Asst. Secretary||W. Bro. Bob Evans|
|Senior Deacon||Bro. Marcio Marques|
|Junior Deacon||Bro. Jason Lam|
|Director of Ceremonies||W. Bro. Dennis Brohm|
|Inner Guard||W. Bro. Sam Lee|
|Senior Steward||Bro. Chris Cailes|
|Junior Steward||Bro. Dana Foy|
|Tyler||W. Bro. Sam Neilly|
|Historian||R.W. Bro. John Fennell|
No. 79 G.R.C.
Simcoe Lodge No. 79 G.R.C. celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2007, having been instituted on September 10, 1857. At that time Worshipful Brother J.W.H. Wilson became the first Lodge Master. This Lodge owns and meets in the Bradford Masonic Hall, and perhaps one of the most unusual displays to be found in any Masonic hall is located here. Pictured here, it takes a place of honour on the “North – East” angle of the Bradford Masonic Hall.
This display came about as the result of a fire that took place in the lodge. That fire resulted in the loss of all the lodge furniture, the lodge records, and lodge regalia. The remains of the original charter was the only item salvageable. On display is the charred piece of paper shown above, that was once the Warrant of Constitution of Simcoe Lodge. If you examine it carefully, you can see places where the printing was once located, even though the remains are not particularly readable.
Displayed next to this artifact is the replacement charter that was issued by Grand Lodge.
The Bradford Masonic Hall